Saturday, February 9, 2008

Uh....Phillies Doin' Anything?

Okay, they signed Pedro Feliz - that's pretty good. Their pitching still looks a bit questionable, but I suppose they could simply go for outscoring their opponents.

In the wake of the Mets signing of Johan Santana, Feliz seems like a band-aid more than a solution. But the Phils surprised me last year, so I'll be glad to watch and see what happens. After all, if there's one refrain that Phillies fans know all too well, it's "wait 'til next year!"

It would have been nice to see some new pitchers in a Phils uniform, though.

When's opening day? It's pretty bleak for me sportswise when the Super Bowl ends. Not much interest on my end in basketball (at either college or pro level) or hockey. So it's a long wait between the end of football and the beginning of baseball. And I care about as much about Spring Training baseball as I do about preseason football...which is to say...not at all.

Play Ball!

No comments: