Sunday, February 3, 2008

Uh Oh...Didn't See That Coming...

Sorry, New England...I guess it's "Wait 'Til Next Year" time...

But don't feel bad, you're hardly alone there. And I guess all the media types will now have to find creative reasons to maintain that Brady is the best quarterback ever and that Belichick is the greatest coach ever. Not to worry - they'll be ready to go by morning.

It will also be interesting to hear what the media folks have to say about Eli Manning now. The much and often maligned quarterback has absorbed more than his fair share of unfair abuse from the New York and national sportswriters and sports commentators. Will they admit that they might have been a bit hasty in their assessment? Don't count on it.

Nicely done, Giants. Normally I'd never root for them...but this is one time I'm glad I did. I guess I'm a Giants fan for now. At least until September. Then it's back to the Black & Gold.

What a great wrap-up to the season. Amazing that 18-1 could be seen as a letdown. Couldn't have happened to a more deserving team.

No comments: