Friday, February 15, 2008

Pitchers and Catchers

Yeah - Pitchers and Catchers. To a baseball fan, can there be any better words to hear? The Phils are the defending National League East champs, but have a tough row to hoe to repeat, especially now that Johan Santana is in New York.

So many questions:
  • Why don't the Phils just give Ryan Howard the money?
  • Can Jimmy Rollins do it again?
  • Will Cole Hamels really pitch a full season now that the Phils have indicated that they'll get some chiropractic personnel?
  • Do the Phils actually have any decent pitching?

Good questions, all. And no matter how pessimistic I'll sound when I'm complaining about the Phils, I'll still be following along. And I'll root, root, root for the Phillies no matter how maddening they can sometimes be.

Can any Phils fan say they are not at least thinking playoffs as the 2008 season begins? I can't believe I'm saying this, but I am thinking playoffs. And Phils management ought to take note. I can't remember the last time a baseball season began with me thinking this.

Thank goodness there will be something in baseball to talk about that doesn't involve Roger Clemens.

No comments: