Sunday, September 21, 2008

It's Been A While...

Since April, in fact, since I last posted anything.

Now things are really starting to get interesting. The Phils have really started to make a claim for the division. It was only a week or so ago that my carpool buddy and I had decided that we had already expended enough energy on the Phillies, and it was time to move on.

After all, they were three games out, and not playing well at all. They were coming off a particularly wretched stretch that saw them lose two of three to Washington, take two of three from the Mets (well, that was cool) and then lose two of three to Florida.

And then...they swept four straight from Milwaukee. And followed that up with a three-game sweep of Atlanta. Viola! Suddenly, Milwaukee fired their manager Ned Yost, the Mets were losing two of three to Atlanta, then two of four to Florida.

Right now, Milwaukee and Atlanta are the Phillies best friends. Suddenly, the Phillies are interesting again. Could there be another playoff appearance for this forlorn team and it's hungry and yearning fan base? It'll be fun to watch and see.

Go Phillies!

And that brings me to....Football season! And today's Steelers/Eagles contest (which, thanks to my brother-in-law, I will be attending with SJ-dad).

Things are looking good for the Black & Gold. The Stillers are 2-0 after scoring a lopsided 38-17 win over the unfortunate Texans and a tight 10-6 win over hated rival Cleveland dsepite monsoon-like conditions.

Now comes a good test for both teams. The Eagles are coming off a tough tough, defense-free shootout with their hated rivals, the Cowboys. Both teams are primed and ready to go, and have visions of playoff wins in their heads.

But only one PA team can win. I know who I'll be rooting for. But since I'll be in unfriendly confines, I'll be rooting more on the quiet side.

Go Steelers!

No comments: